Today i bake again, mainly for a friends birthday, and to be fair, it's not got so much of a wow factor, but, chocolate chip cookies can't be argued with. So i give you images and recipe for these little circles of yummyness :)
You will need:
225g unsalted butter @ room temp
350g light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
400g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 teaspoons of bircab of soda
225g dark chocolate, roughly copped
line 4 baking trays with baking paper
1) Preheat the oven to 170c/325f/gas mark 3
2) Cream the butter and sugar together, it's easiest to do this with an electric mixer.
3) Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well. The beat in the vanilla extract.
4) Add in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, bicarb) and stir in the chocolate so it's evenly dispersed.
5) Put six amounts of the dough onto each baking tray, the will spread out quiet a bit btw, i still haven't quite got the hand of it yet...
6) Bake for ten minutes, or until the edges start to go brown and then leave to cool on a wire rack.
That's all for today, until next week, when i shall attempt to make and transport a coffee cake for another friend, it could be easier to buy them something reeally, but wheres the fun in that...